Wednesday, August 12, 2015

I value connection!



I have been so very busy with business and family stuff in the last six weeks that I have neglected one of my top values....connection.

Knowing that connection is so high on my list of values, I try and schedule time with people I care about and enjoy. Family emergencies and scheduling issues the last six weeks have made that very difficult. 

I was starting to feel disconnected and even a little depressed. Something was missing, and I just couldn't put my finger on it. I teach this stuff and NOW I am a living example of just how important knowing and living a life based on values really is.

No matter how busy I get, no matter what life throws at me, I need to try my hardest to incorporate my top values into my life. I spent five of the last six weeks pouring out of my proverbial cup over and over again. I, we all need to replenish our cup or we are just not able to give our best to those around us.

Lucky for me, in the last three days I was able to spend a long day with a friend, have breakfast with another and then lunch with yet another. My energy has increased, my attitude is better and I am starting to get back to my happy, positive, normal (normal is a relative term) self.

What are the must have values you need in your life?

When you feel like something is missing, do you know why?

When are you at your best?

Knowing the answers to these questions can shed some light on your true values. Knowing your true values can help you to start living a more fulfilling life on purpose!




No comments:

Post a Comment