Sunday, February 10, 2013

I'm in Violation of what?



This is actually something I wrote a few months ago and forgot to post!  Enjoy!


Why don't all dentists include a glass of wine BEFORE your appointment and a foot rub WHILE you are getting your x rays and exam? This could be a whole new income stream.  We could all go to Le Dentist for a relaxing Molar removal or Root canal. :)   Although I must admit after a glass of wine, I might be a bit talkative, which could  make the job for Le Dentist a bit difficult.  Then there is the whole alcohol thins the blood thing....okay, so maybe it is not such a great idea.  One can dream.  I am still pulling for the foot rub.

So, I am sitting there in my dentist's chair ( who also happens to be my friend) and I am hearing things like, "Inclusion, watch, m/o, deposit, Oclusa"l (which sounds very accusatory to me) and a lot more that sounded like Slovak to me.  ( All of the a fore mentioned terms are most likely wrong and just my warped sense of interpretation) Then came the big one "Violation of biologic width".  What?  I am in violation?  Is there a dental police officer  nearby who is going to write me a ticket?  How do I pay for that?  Will there be an arraignment?   Will the tooth fairy bail me out?  Will I have a chance to make an Oral argument?

Once we are done with the exam, my friend the dentist breaks it down into terms I can understand. "Flossing is a good thing."  Yeah, I say,  I know....I started flossing almost every day two weeks ago because I knew I was coming to see you.  (Insert a  big Aren't I a good girl? look here) "Pretty sure, you had all these cavities before two weeks ago."  Cavities!  I have cavities?  Can't be.  

I actually went in because I broke my tooth. Well, to be honest my friend called me when she got back from vacation and said "I have an appointment for you on Wednesday for your broken tooth."  I thought I would go in, get my exam and x-rays, my cleaning, a crown for the broken tooth and be on my way.  But Nooooo.  Apparently there is this stringy thing called floss, that I should have been using every day!  Even before two weeks ago!  My friend says "It is kind of like my saying I will bring my car in for an oil change every two years."   I say.... And, you can get a new engine while you are there!  Then,  I get the look....She made her point.  Okay, okay, flossing is good.   (But so are foot rubs...just sayin) "Flossing" she says. Yes ma'am. I say  "Flossing!"  Yes DOCTOR (Insert sarcasm here.)

While I was lying there in the chair looking up at the ceiling, I thought "This would be a great place to put a testimonial  about the shops!   We could put a sign up there that says ...WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR VEHILCE SERVICED?  I ONLY TRUST KELLY'S AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE WITH MY VEHICLES".    I didn't bring that up yet.  I think I might need to give her some of that feel good gas first....But I did leave with two follow up appointments and a tub of prescription strength fluoride toothpaste and a renewed determination to use the stringy thing to the best of my ability....So help me God.

+Sara Riechers
+Bethany Taylor Kelly
+dave kelly


1 comment: